Crate training/separation anxiety problem :(

Old October 19th 03, 05:04 PM

Default Crate training/separation anxiety problem :(

Blue (my 1 year old min pin) was crate trained before I ever adopted
her and she used to go into her crate fine initially. She even slept
through most of the night going to bed at 10pm and waking up at 7am.
Lately, she's been going to bed around that time (walking into her
crate voluntarily) but waking up at around 2am. Of course for working
souls like myself this is hard to deal with because she'll start
barking and doing the most heartbreaking crying. I usually keep her
in the crate until I can drop her off at my parent's house before work
where she has a huge backyard, house, and people to keep her company
until I pick her up to go home again at around 2:30pm. The only time
she's really alone is during the night when everyone is supposed to be
sleeping.

I'm not sure how this problem developed, it could have been due to my
varying schedule breaking routine. At first I thought it was because
she needed to use the bathroom but that isn't the case most of the
time. I tried letting her out one time at 2am and all she did was run
to chew on an old sock until she got tired and went to sleep on my
bed. Now when she's at my parent's house she'll act nervous/pace until
I come to pick her up again.

What can I do about this?