kinda OT--advice could save a cat's life

Old October 19th 03, 11:58 PM
Marie

Default kinda OT--advice could save a cat's life

One or both of my cats is liable to end up as calico earmuffs unless things
change, and quick.

For the last three weeks, one of the cats has been pooping on the kitchen
fkoor every morning: we know it's in the am because the pile is never there
at 4:30 or 5am when one or t'other of the kidlets has us up, but it is there
by 6:30 or 7. Access to the litter box has been unhindered by dog for the
last 8 or 9 hours. This was bad enough, but...

--A week ago last Monday Chris' carseat was drenched in pee.

--The next day it was the playpen that was wet.

--This past Wednesday hubby found liquid on the seat of one of the
highchairs: more cat pee. Examination of the other chair found that it had
been "used" as well. I finally managed to get one of the chairs reassembled
yesterday, only to find it wet again this morning.

SIGH I don't need this. I get quite enough cleaning up of bodily
functions just looking after the kidlets. And we've never caught either cat
at doing this so we're not sure whether it's one, t'other, or both of them.

Both cats are female, spayed, and completely indoor critters. I don't think
ther is a medical reason behind this, but am going to phone the vet
tomorrow.

All of the peeing is happening in the living/dining room, where the cats
basically live. None of the other furniture has been touch (that we can
tell).

Everything we find gets washed thoroughly with an orange-oil based cleanser
that's supposed to remove all trace of smell and that we've found effective
in the past.

I'm hoping that some of you who are owned by cats as well as dogs might be
able to suggest some solutions here--I'm getting very close to the end of my
rope.

TIA

Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/