Adrenaline

Old October 23rd 03, 02:12 AM
Lone Hansen

Default Adrenaline

"Melanie L Chang" wrote in message
If you're looking for a gigantic rush, try strapping on some rollerblades
and taking the dogs out for few miles, and forgetting that there is
really big, really long hill on the trail that you went up on the way out
and therefore, have to go back down on your return. For maximum effect,
make sure you haven't been skating for at least a year, and also that you
have no helmet because you gave yours away to a friend entering the Peace
Corps, and that you can't remember how to brake because the last time you
went skating, you were wearing those hot pink skates with a wheel at each
corner that you can stop by dragging one foot.

Solo and Fly were like, "Wow! When did Mom get so fast?" They had a
blast, but I still kind of feel like I'm going to throw up.

- Oh my! There is no way anyone will ever get me in a pair of rollerblades
or inliners, I just don't have that good balance and it would be a sure way
of killing myself. The thought of actually going down hill with 2 dogs
pulling me is enoug to make my heart stop.

I'm going to be very happy when Solo is allowed to run off lead again,
instead of just trotting on lead. I'm supposed to keep him in condition,
just not let him jump or gallop so he'll be flexing his back. It's not
easy to put miles on your dogs without being able to play with them off
lead, and it's impossible to keep Solo from running unless he stays on a
leash. I guess I'd better go buy a new helmet.

- I know the feeling. There is no way in hell Ezra is able to relax if
she doesn't get off leash exercise. She gets really grumpy, high strung and
impossible to be around
Melanie Lee Chang | Form ever follows function.
Departments of Anthropology and Biology |
University of Pennsylvania | -- Louis Sullivan

Old October 23rd 03, 07:36 AM
Andrea

"Melanie L Chang" wrote in message
If you're looking for a gigantic rush, try strapping on some rollerblades
and taking the dogs out for few miles, and forgetting that there is
really big, really long hill on the trail that you went up on the way out
and therefore, have to go back down on your return

Wow, scary!! As Jdoee said, no crashing - you rock! No way would I *ever*
take my dogs out while I was skating. I'm just not good enough.

I'm going to be very happy when Solo is allowed to run off lead again,
instead of just trotting on lead. I'm supposed to keep him in condition,
just not let him jump or gallop so he'll be flexing his back. It's not
easy to put miles on your dogs without being able to play with them off
lead, and it's impossible to keep Solo from running unless he stays on a
leash. I guess I'd better go buy a new helmet.

If you have a bicycle, try the Springer. I use it to condition my guys, and
I keep them at a trot by putting a martingale collar on them in addition to
hooking them up to the Springer. Well, and I taught them "trot". Shane is
not allowed to do high-impact exercise anymore, so he swims. Works for us.

--
-Andrea Stone
Saorsa Basenjis