Renal failure - How long?

Old July 24th 03, 05:55 PM

Default Renal failure - How long?

"M. MacDonald" wrote in message
Anyone who has been through this I need your advice. How long, once a dog
has been diagnosed with 75% renal failure, does it live?

........I'd suggest joining K9Kidney at Yahoo. Lots of people going through
the same thing.

........Kidney failure doesn't show up on tests until the kidneys are 75%
gone, so this is not something unusual. You might want to read through some
of the material at this extensive site on kidney disease in dogs:
http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Opera/2167/

best of luck to you and your pup

Old July 26th 03, 04:33 AM
Jo Wolf

Also, remember that each dog is very individual! It may not be possible
to accurately forecast the life span of your dog. There are several
types of renal failure, and each is different, too.... When treatment
works well, the dog can live for some time! When it doesn't, or when
not followed, the results are not as happy...

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia