Need Vaccine Info

Old October 28th 03, 03:24 PM
Suja

Default Need Vaccine Info

Our beloved vet who was much liked and trusted, has moved, and it looks
like we'll have to start with a new vet and vet practice. Khan is due
for his annual physical, which is typically when they'll want to
administer his DHPP. Given that we had no history on him, I did have
him on a yearly booster protocol, but now that he has had them 3 years
in a row, had talked to the prior vet about doing titers instead.

Have to start from scratch with the new vet, and need convincing info
that yearly vaccines are not necessary. I thought that the ACVM put out
a revised vaccine protocol, but can't find it. What I was able to find
are protocols used by university hospitals (like UPenn) that supports my
stand, but also says that you should rely on your vet to develop a
protocol that is suitable for your dog. Help!

Suja

Old October 28th 03, 03:48 PM
Gwen Watson

Suja wrote:

[...]

Here is one site I found.

http://pyrmont.tripod.com/vaccines.html

Gwen

Old October 28th 03, 03:49 PM
Gwen Watson

Suja wrote:

Have to start from scratch with the new vet, and need convincing info
that yearly vaccines are not necessary. I thought that the ACVM put out
a revised vaccine protocol, but can't find it. What I was able to find
are protocols used by university hospitals (like UPenn) that supports my
stand, but also says that you should rely on your vet to develop a
protocol that is suitable for your dog. Help!

Suja

Another one.

http://www.tallywood.com/health.html

Gwen

Old October 28th 03, 03:55 PM
Suja

Gwen Watson wrote:
Suja

Here is one site I found.

http://pyrmont.tripod.com/vaccines.html

Thanks, Gwen. I was hoping I'd find something more "official". I
could've sworn that the ACVM put out a revised vaccination protocol.

Suja

bulldog info norman Dog rescue 0 November 24th 03 10:13 PM
Need Vaccine Info Suja Dog health 46 October 29th 03 08:37 AM
Need Vaccine Info Suja Dog health 0 October 28th 03 03:24 PM