OT--Now if I could only find...

Old October 24th 03, 05:23 AM
Marie

Default OT--Now if I could only find...

....suitable chew toys for my babies :-)

It's almost midnight and the Tempra is finally kicking in for Chris--he has
stopped screaming and is finally falling asleep. Of course getting him to
sleep would be easier if I didn't have my
annual-fall-allergies-hacking-cough that keeps waking him up.

I just looked at the calendar and realized my kidlets are 6mos old today :-)
Wow, time flies when you're exhausted. The latest challenge is that Chris
is cutting his first tooth--but since he's only about 12lbs (only?--that's
almost 4x his birthweight!) all of the teething rings etc I look at are too
ig for his mouth, and he isn't really holding on to things yet either. So
all the poor baby can do is suck his thumb and/or scream :-( Makes me
realize how easy it is to deal with a teething puppy--lots of rawhide, and
put away all your shoes ;-P

Macula continues to amaze me with how well she does with the babies. One of
the boys grabbed a chunk of her hair during a screaming fit the other day
and pulled and she didn't react at all. There still is work to do: she'll
sometimes snuggle up to one of them and lay her head on his lap. It's all
very gentle, but I worry because her head is so *big* compared to the lap,
and she's not always good about moving when I ask her to. But considering
it's been an entire year now since I was able to do any training with her,
things could be a *lot* worse. And when I'm feeding the boys their cereal
her nose seems to keep trying to find it's way into the cereal bowl. Hubby
figures that, since she cleans up after the boys spit up, she's just trying
to cut out the middlemen :-}

We're pursuing retraining methods with the cats: in the meantime, we're
trying to keep them out of the highchairs by putting large playballs in the
seats when the boys aren't there. So far, so good, except I left one of the
balls on the floor and Macula tried to pick it up--now the ball is very,
very flat.

Time to try putting Chris to bed, before I get caught up in the Scooby-Doo
rerun on TV--they're chasing the 10,000 Volt Ghost and...uh-oh! I just
realized I can't remember the solution to the mystery! Now how will I get
to sleep? ;-P

Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/
Meet the Kidlets at http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mmcw2