My take on things....

Old October 28th 03, 07:33 PM
Kind2dogs

Default My take on things....

Just now someone wrote me and said they thought that vets that did rescue were
some how lax in their work. or did not do as much for the dog as someone that
was paying FULL PRICE.

I do not choose my vet and take my dogs and or my rescue dogs to a vet because
he is cheaper, doG !!!!

I have found that at the bets of vets,a dogs medicine issued by weight can get
screwed up by the office techs as well as the vet because what it says on the
sheet is not correct.

So I like to know and check everything before anything is done or given to my
dogs, my own personal ones or my rescue dogs.

I do not like the thought process that because a vet will help in rescue he is
someone who will be not as good as a vet that charges full price.

Now that would be the scummiest, and also it is wicked snobby of people who
think that rescue dogs are treated with far less respect than full paying dogs.

Just my take.

Paulette
Who has had the same vet since 75, and around here he does not even accept new
clients,and I consider him a great vet with MY dogs and the dogs he discounts
for me.

Let me just say, while I do rescue and do get a small discount, the vetI USE,
is the best IMNSHO.

Old October 28th 03, 07:46 PM
Suja

Kind2dogs wrote:

Just now someone wrote me and said they thought that vets that did rescue were
some how lax in their work. or did not do as much for the dog as someone that
was paying FULL PRICE.

That's crock. The vet we used to go to was a member of the board of our
rescue. He did the spay/neuters at cost (no charge for his time). He
came to a rescue volunteer's home to assist her when the bitch she was
fostering started to give birth, at no charge. A lot of these vets do
what they do because they're decent people who are willing to share
their time and knowledge on behalf of a worthy cause. In return, what
he got was our business. He was so good and nice and generous (not to
mention experienced) that a lot of people who adopted from us continued
to use him as their regular vet. I and other volunteers in our rescue
recommended him to anyone who cared to ask. If any of us ever thought
that the vets where playing with the health and well being of any of the
dogs (even the ones without forever homes), we would never use them. Ever.

Suja

Old October 28th 03, 07:56 PM
Kind2dogs

Subject: My take on things....
From: Suja
Date: Tue, Oct 28, 2003 3:46 PM

Kind2dogs wrote:

Just now someone wrote me and said they thought that vets that did rescue

were
some how lax in their work. or did not do as much for the dog as someone

that
was paying FULL PRICE.

That's crock.

I agree.

The vet we used to go to was a member of the board of our

rescue. He did the spay/neuters at cost (no charge for his time). He
came to a rescue volunteer's home to assist her when the bitch she was
fostering started to give birth, at no charge. A lot of these vets do
what they do because they're decent people who are willing to share
their time and knowledge on behalf of a worthy cause. In return, what
he got was our business. He was so good and nice and generous (not to
mention experienced) that a lot of people who adopted from us continued

to use him as their regular vet.

Yup

I and other volunteers in our rescue
recommended him to anyone who cared to ask. If any of us ever thought
that the vets where playing with the health and well being of any of the

dogs (even the ones without forever homes), we would never use them. Ever.

Suja

I couldn't agree more, Suja. The fact is MY RESCUE dogs get the same care as MY
OWN DOGS.

They also go to the same vet as my own dogs, and there is no way in HELL that I
would go to a vet that discounted me whom I thought was cutting corners. : (

The thought of such makes me ill.

Paulette~

Old October 28th 03, 07:56 PM
Kind2dogs

Old October 28th 03, 07:56 PM
Kind2dogs

Old October 28th 03, 07:56 PM
Kind2dogs

Old October 28th 03, 08:09 PM
Tricia9999

I just took mom that I'm fostering to my vet to get some chiro adjustment. She
did a whole check-up and didn't charge me. I protested and tried to get the
receptionist to charge me but she wouldn't do it. I had every intention of
paying, but she said no. Pretty amazing, although I'm uncomfortable with it.