Puppy scratching a bald spot

Old July 26th 03, 08:41 PM
Outshined

Default Puppy scratching a bald spot

My 17-week lab-retriever mix is constantly biting her rear leg and has
created a bald spot there. I'd appreciate if some of you could take a look
at the picture ( http://www.snice.net/leg_baldspot.jpg ) and tell me what
you think. Thanks!

Old July 27th 03, 03:33 AM
Supergoof

Outshined wrote ...
My 17-week lab-retriever mix is constantly biting her rear leg and has
created a bald spot there. I'd appreciate if some of you could take a

look
at the picture ( http://www.snice.net/leg_baldspot.jpg ) and tell me what
you think. Thanks!

It doesn't look overly red or irritated. I'd try a soothing cream on it for
a few days - I use an aloe vera and tea tree oil cream which is both
soothing and helps fight infection.

Sometimes it becomes habit, try stopping your dog from licking/chewing the
spot. Occasionally irritated anal glands can cause the dog to start chewing
somewhere else in frustration.

If your dog is still worrying at the spot in a couple of days get the vet to
take a look.

Rachel
(New Zealand)

advice gift puppy Abc Dog breeds 2 December 16th 03 06:09 AM
New Puppy Questions (Shih Tsu) MikeTheBike9 Dog breeds 1 November 24th 03 11:18 PM
Puppy problem &michael Dog breeds 3 September 7th 03 08:45 AM
Problem with spayed puppy and un-neutered puppy. M&M Dog health 1 July 13th 03 01:13 AM
Adopted Golden Retriever puppy, worried about size queenmother Dog breeds 7 July 10th 03 02:47 AM