Vomiting

Old July 28th 03, 07:53 PM
cplus

"Alma Brekke" wrote in message
I hope someone here can help me...I look in on this group from time to
time.
I have a 2 year old shihpoo female who vomits a foamy yellowish
liquid - usually in the morning - about every 2 weeks or so. Any ideas
from you folks as to what could be causing this? Otherwise she is in
good health, playful and happy.
Thanks in advance.

http://community.webtv.net/almabrekke/Almasfamilyboth2

My dog (and now dogs) will do that if she (and now he) eats grass.

Old July 28th 03, 10:33 PM
Alma Brekke

Thanks to you all ---- I think it is the empty stomach thing that makes
the most sense.....I'll try the extra feeding plus a snack at night and
see if that works.
PS.....if you want to see my little one open my web pages below.
Her name is Bridget and truly runs my life.

http://community.webtv.net/almabrekke/Almasfamilyboth2

Old July 29th 03, 01:34 AM
DaveL

shelly wrote:

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Alma Brekke wrote:

I have a 2 year old shihpoo female who vomits a foamy yellowish
liquid - usually in the morning - about every 2 weeks or so. Any ideas
from you folks as to what could be causing this? Otherwise she is in
good health, playful and happy.

it's always a good idea to check with your vet, if you're
concerned. however, what you're describing is consistent with
the "empty stomach urka gurkas."

Is 'urka gurkas' a technical term? A google search turns up lots of
hits, all with the same story...

Our 2 y.o. Shih Tzu does this once a week or so. She's a very finicky
eater, and she will most likely 'urka gurka' when she hasn't eaten for a
day or so. I don't know if she is throwing up because she hasn't eaten,
or if she won't eat because her tummy is upset.

She's real good about it though. She always goes to the same place - on
a tiled surface that's easy to clean up.