How much should a puppy eat?

Old November 3rd 03, 05:55 PM
LP

Default How much should a puppy eat?

I have a 4 month old male Pekinese puppy. How many times a day should he eat
and what should the quantity be? He is always scarfing down his food
(Eukanuba puppy mini bites). I don't want him to be fat, later on in life!

Also, when will he stop being so hyper active? I know puppies are this way,
but he has endless energy. (he wears me out!) He will play ball forever! It
would be so nice if he could be a lap dog eventually!

Thanks in advance!

Old November 4th 03, 08:01 PM
Leah

"LP" wrote:
I have a 4 month old male Pekinese puppy. How many times a day should he eat
and what should the quantity be?

Three times a day, and whatever the instructions say on the dog food package.

He is always scarfing down his food
(Eukanuba puppy mini bites). I don't want him to be fat, later on in life!

Feed him in a Buster Cube.
http://www.sitstay.com/store/toys/toysd.shtml

By the way, Eukanuba is one of the better store-bought foods. However, for the
same price, you can get Blue in PetsMart. It's far superior to anything I've
ever seen on store shelves.

Also, when will he stop being so hyper active?

LOL! You've got a while. With your breed, you may see some calming down at
about a year. Maybe. :}

It
would be so nice if he could be a lap dog eventually!

He will. Have patience. :}

PetsMart Pet Trainer
My Kids, My Students, My Life:
http://hometown.aol.com/dfrntdrums/m...age/index.html
Last updated June 27 at 10:00 a.m.

Old November 4th 03, 09:13 PM
Tricia9999

Three times a day, and whatever the instructions say on the dog food package

no, no, no!!! the instructions on the dog food package are way over what the
need is. They are trying to sell you more food. Don't feed that much.
Old November 4th 03, 09:13 PM
Tricia9999

Old November 4th 03, 09:13 PM
Tricia9999

Old November 4th 03, 09:13 PM
Suja

Tricia9999 wrote:

no, no, no!!! the instructions on the dog food package are way over what the
need is. They are trying to sell you more food. Don't feed that much.

I think that the instructions on the bag give you a ballpark on where to
start. Depending on the individual dog and how it is doing on the food,
you either increase or decrease the quantity of food. In general, I
agree that the manufacturer's recommendation is on the high end of what
you should be feeding the dog.

Suja