my new puppy doesn't like treats

Old November 3rd 03, 05:20 AM
Greg Harfst

Default my new puppy doesn't like treats

Hello,

Five days ago I took home a soft coated wheaten terrier puppy. She is
9 weeks old. I am crate training her, and while I realize training
takes time, I am having some difficulty.

She likes being in her crate. She doesn't cry to get out, and she has
fun playing with toys when she is in there. Also, I do not want to
force her to go in her crate because I want her crate to be a totally
positive experience.

Sometimes I can lure her in with toys or food. This is proving more
difficult though. She might put her front two feet in, but be
reluctant to go in completely.

My main problem is that I have not found any treat that she craves, or
even likes. Many times I'll hold a treat right in front of her nose,
and she will show absolutely no interest. While I don't want treats
to be the primary basis of her training, it would help if I could use
them to make her enter her crate.

Does anybody else have experience with a puppy that does not like
treats? Can anybody suggest something I might try?

Thank you.