More of the good ones

Old November 4th 03, 07:23 AM
Debbie the Underdogged

Default More of the good ones

Was loading groceries into my car the other night when a couple walked
by on their way into the store. They had a gorgeous Akita. I asked if
I could pet, and they told me sure, and warned me he was blind. I
talked to him as I let him sniff my hand, and we loved on each other.
Turns out they got him at 3 months old, he started to go blind at about
a year old, and was only expected to live to be about 3, due to the
disease that caused the blindness (didn't push them further for
details). The dog is now a beautifully-cared-for 9 year old. What was
really heartwarming was that it appeared that these folks didn't have a
whole lot of education or money, but loved this dog enough to spend
whatever was necessary for his care.
--
Debbie the Underdogged das at spamcop dot net
"I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years."