Hartz drops plus

Old July 30th 03, 02:51 AM
BErney1014

Default Hartz drops plus

I put Hartz drops on my scottie last week and she has scratched 10 times worse
since. I read the warning post and because she had panting and heavy water
drinking I washed it off. The drops didn't work at all on her. How long should
I wait before trying something else? She had the drops on for a week.

Old August 1st 03, 06:22 AM
Jo Wolf

Discuss this with your vet; s/he understands toxic and allergic
reactions to insecticides... and that's what these drops are. I prefer
to stay way away from Hartz products due to their history of less than
frank disclosure ofproblem products of this type. It is possible that
it's the carrier oils of the product that are the problem, not the
active ingredient... or vice versa.

You will find that, while more expensive, the products the vet has for
flea control are MUCH more effective and actually last the full 30 days
or more (depending on brand). And a darn sight safer and are not
insecticides.

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia