Ping: Marie

Old November 6th 03, 12:54 AM
Abby Pennington

Default Ping: Marie

Hi Marie, I saw your question briefly before my computer crashed. The shows
were the Trillium dog club's shows Oct 31-Nov 2 at the SkyWay Trade Center.
It was a 13+ hr drive for us, so we left before I could give you details,
sorry. But it'll be there again next year!

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****
Old November 6th 03, 02:51 PM
Gwen Watson

Abby Pennington wrote:

Hi Marie, I saw your question briefly before my computer crashed. The shows
were the Trillium dog club's shows Oct 31-Nov 2 at the SkyWay Trade Center.
It was a 13+ hr drive for us, so we left before I could give you details,
sorry. But it'll be there again next year!

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****

How did the show go? How does it work going
into a Canadian Show? Seems like there
would be some differences. I hope
you had a splendid event.

Gwen

Old November 6th 03, 08:30 PM
Abby Pennington

Gwen Watson wrote in
:

How did the show go? How does it work going
into a Canadian Show?

It went well, Willy got an Award of Merit at the Pug Club of Canada and
June went winners bitch for her first Canadian point. Sunday Willy won
best in specialty show at the Pug Dog Club of Ontario, and we didn't show
June as we had to leave due to bad weather. VERY nice weekend!

Canadian shows, your dog needs to be registered with AKC or equivalent
foreign registry. You can get an "Event Registration Number" or ERN, to
show in Canadian Kennel Club shows, or you can register your dog with the
Canadian Kennel Club. It's pretty easy--just involves some money. You
have to have one or the other, though, or all your wins/points will be
revoked.

Seems like there
would be some differences.

Yes, it is a little different, but not much. The biggest difference is
that if your class dog wins the breed, you HAVE to stay and show in the
group or you lose your points from your win.

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****

Old November 6th 03, 08:35 PM
Gwen Watson

Abby Pennington wrote:

Gwen Watson wrote in
:

How did the show go? How does it work going
into a Canadian Show?

It went well, Willy got an Award of Merit at the Pug Club of Canada and
June went winners bitch for her first Canadian point. Sunday Willy won
best in specialty show at the Pug Dog Club of Ontario, and we didn't show
June as we had to leave due to bad weather. VERY nice weekend!

CONGRATULATIONS! So how many points does it take to CH in Canada.
And is it all basically similar to our system?

Canadian shows, your dog needs to be registered with AKC or equivalent
foreign registry. You can get an "Event Registration Number" or ERN, to
show in Canadian Kennel Club shows, or you can register your dog with the
Canadian Kennel Club. It's pretty easy--just involves some money. You
have to have one or the other, though, or all your wins/points will be
revoked.

That is interesting. I don't think I will ever be showing in Canada though.
Too far away from me. I wonder about Mexico for me.

Seems like there
would be some differences.

Yes, it is a little different, but not much. The biggest difference is
that if your class dog wins the breed, you HAVE to stay and show in the
group or you lose your points from your win.

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****

Very interesting. Again big Congrats. I wasn't aware
you were showing a Pug at this time. For some
reason I *thought* your pug was finished. How
old is Willy?

Gwen

Old November 6th 03, 08:35 PM
Gwen Watson