The medium and the memory

Old November 7th 03, 01:53 PM
Chris

Default The medium and the memory

Since I've _almost decided to have no more permanent animals of my
own, I'm constructing a wall of memories.
What medium do you prefer? Not satisfied with some recent work of a
pastel artist. Would you look at this conversion of a graphite sketch?
Which do you prefer ... the sketch or the photo from which it was
derived?
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/howieia/deb_howard_rosie.htm

Old November 7th 03, 09:22 PM
Lee DeRaud

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 05:53:42 -0800 (PST), (Chris)
wrote:

Since I've _almost decided to have no more permanent animals of my
own, I'm constructing a wall of memories.
What medium do you prefer? Not satisfied with some recent work of a
pastel artist. Would you look at this conversion of a graphite sketch?
Which do you prefer ... the sketch or the photo from which it was
derived?
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/howieia/deb_howard_rosie.htm

Nice. If you got the sketches for all the dogs, they would look like a
set, with a consistency usually missing from informal snapshots, but
without the artificial flavor of posed portraits.

(Re that photo: what the *hell* is that around the dog's neck? Looks
like a collar made out of pingpong balls.)

Lee

Old November 7th 03, 09:43 PM
Chris Jung

"Chris" wrote in message
Since I've _almost decided to have no more permanent animals of my
own, I'm constructing a wall of memories.
What medium do you prefer? Not satisfied with some recent work of a
pastel artist. Would you look at this conversion of a graphite sketch?
Which do you prefer ... the sketch or the photo from which it was
derived?
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/howieia/deb_howard_rosie.htm

Hi Chris.

I recently revived my moribund pet portrait business and I slapped together
a website to promote it http://home.twcny.rr.com/cjungart/ . I don't have
any comparisons of photos to portraits but there are two images of Pablo,
one photo portrait (dignified & serious - his public persona), one
watercolor portrait (sweetly goofy - his at home with the family
personality). Which Pablo do you like best? :-)

Chris and her happy smoothies,
Zeffie & Pablo

Old November 7th 03, 09:55 PM
Chris

If you got the sketches for all the dogs,
they would look like a set, with a
consistency usually missing from
informal snapshots, but without the
artificial flavor of posed portraits.

Hadn't thought of that. Perhaps I'll dig out photos of my lifetime of
dogs, and see if she can do one big group. Thanks.
(Re that photo: what the *hell* is that
around the dog's neck? Looks like a
collar made out of pingpong balls.)
Lee

DoG knows. Rosie belongs to an over-the-top friend whom we all admire
for his energy and creativity. He stampeded the city council into
approving our dog beach, and is doing something interesting right now.
Last year, he placed bins in all the pet shops to collect Xmas toys
and treats for the shelter animals. I told him we get too damn many
toys and treats all the time, and he regrouped. This year, he got our
'wish list' of needed items, and turned it into a display above the bin.
Already has them up, and at one shop, the first customer in the door
bought $100 worth of pads to line the beds.