"The Whistler and His Dog"

Old November 9th 03, 12:39 AM
Chris

Default "The Whistler and His Dog"

Anybody remember that oldie? Know where I could get a recording?
At our Walkathon this morning, I saw my first 'Free Style' or 'Dances
with Dogs'. I was underwhelmed by the performances, and immediately
began a choreography in my head for Mac.
Anybody got ideas for cool moves? Or themes? The ones this morning
had no themes.
"Melon-collie baby"? Lots of 'delayed recalls' for that one.

Old November 9th 03, 01:02 AM

Chris wrote:
Anybody remember that oldie? Know where I could get a recording?

Arthur Pryor! Trombone!! I remember it well from my
entirely misspent youth. Good luck finding a recording,
but there's a chance that someone recorded it during the
ragtime heyday following the release of "The Sting."

If you're up for some bluegrass, I'm very fond of "I'm
Walking the Dog," and recordings of that are easy to find.

This land belongs to you and me.

Old November 9th 03, 02:10 AM
Chris

If you're up for some bluegrass, I'm very
fond of "I'm Walking the Dog," and
recordings of that are easy to find.
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Melinda Shore -

I'll look for that, too. You gave me a clue with 'Arthur Pryor'. I'd
thought it might be Leroy Anderson.

Old November 9th 03, 02:40 AM
Chris

there's a chance that someone recorded
it during the ragtime heyday following
the release of "The Sting."

You were right on, Melinda. The date (1989) would indicate that's
what happened.
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...f0c63facede538