Best way to stop digging ???

Old November 8th 03, 09:43 PM
Fish

Default Best way to stop digging ???

Hello all,

I have a yellow lab that is almost 2 years old. We just moved into a new
home with a very nice backyard and he's been going to town on it since we
moved in (about 5 weeks ago). In the old house there was an old flower bed
that surrounded the yard that was nothing but dirt and he would dig in
there. At the time it was okay so I never tried to detour him from it.

Now that we're in the new home, he is digging up the grass and the yard is
really paying the price. What is the best way to teach him it's not okay to
do this?

He's an indoor/outdoor dog that's in the backyard most of the day while I'm
at work and my wife is running around town. I assume it's when he gets bored
is when he starts to dig, but none of us are around to see him doing it (and
try to correct him).

Please help as we really want to fix this problem and have a backyard that
looks nice.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Best way to stop digging ??? Fish Dog behavior 12 November 9th 03 04:51 PM
Lawn digging martynkai Dog behavior 8 October 19th 03 10:24 PM
Lawn digging martynkai Dog behavior 0 October 19th 03 06:51 PM
Lawn digging martynkai Dog behavior 0 October 19th 03 06:51 PM
Digging & nibbling problem Pamela Dog health 0 August 1st 03 07:57 PM