Weekend Update (By Marcel for Moogli)

Old November 10th 03, 07:46 PM
Marcel Beaudoin

Default Weekend Update (By Marcel for Moogli)

Hey there Everyone. Short one here.

It seems like Summer has disappeared up here, and fall decided to
take a vacation, as we are fuirmly in the grasp of winter. No snow
(yet), but we have started turning the heat on in the apartment when we
are there.

Moogli is definitely a winter loving dog. As it is getting colder and
colder outside, he has a lot more energy to burn. And with all the
leaves flying around, he is having a really fun time. Granted, I am
getting lots of dog slobber on my hands taking leaves out of his mouth,
but that is the risks you take with a dog. If there is only one leaf on
the ground, "don't touch" works most of the time (75- 90%). However,
when a treeful of leaves is getting blown by, I can't say "don't touch"
fast enough to cover all of the leaves, so he usually ends up with one
in his mouth. 90% of the time, he just wants to walk with it in his
mouth, so I leave it in there, and he usually ends up dropping it after
50 or 100 metres.

Went to the dog run last night with Cocotte, Moogli, Gen and her
parents. Also there was Kavik, a collie mix. She was there without her
usual playmate (padfoot, a husky mix) as he had to be pts due to a *bad*
car accident. So she came bouncing over to see the humans. Moogli didn't
like that at all, there was a big dog coming towards *his* people, and
she needed to be told that this was something that Was Not Done. So he
chased he away, barking and growling. I have *never* seen him do this
before to a dog before, much less a big dog. She bounced away, growling
back at Moogli and barking. A couple of sniffs later, they were kinda
sorta playing together. Moogli still wasn't sure that it was a good
idea, but he was willing to give it a shot. Much play bowing, barking
and growling. The play consisted mostly of Moogli barking, growling and
chasing after her, and then her turning and chasing after him for a bit.
He would take a break for a while, and then she would run by and look at
him, and they would play for a couple minutes.

Anyways, have a great week everybody!!

Marcel Beaudoin & Moogli

'If people could put rainbows in zoos,
they'd do it.' -- Hobbes