Word of advice when booking "pet friendly" hotels

Old November 11th 03, 03:04 PM
Gwen Watson

Default Word of advice when booking "pet friendly" hotels

Just a bit of word of advice when going to those Web pages that link to
"pet friendly"
hotels. DH and I are planning trip to Colorado around Christmas. So I
was
looking on one of those pages. I found what seemed to be great deal
but upon calling to book they wanted to charge my credit card in full
payment right now. It of course could be reimbursed if we didn't go
but I felt that was not a good option. I asked for hotels direct
phone number. When I called to book last evening I ended up
getting a room with extra options, ie refrig and microwave for
Nearly $100.00 less.

My advice is it *may* be best to locate the hotels online and
then call the hotel directly to see if you can obtain a better
deal than is offered on the link.

Gwen

Old November 11th 03, 03:55 PM
Gwen Watson

From: Gwen Watson
Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2003 10:04 AM
Just a bit of word of advice when going to those Web pages that link to
"pet friendly"
hotels. DH and I are planning trip to Colorado around Christmas. So I
was
looking on one of those pages. I found what seemed to be great deal
but upon calling to book they wanted to charge my credit card in full
payment right now.

That is not unusual in a resort area, or during the holidays. In fact many
places will not do bookings of less than three days.

This is true and I did book for 6 days and 7 nights.

It of course could be reimbursed if we didn't go
but I felt that was not a good option.

Why?

Because I am not planning to use my credit card and do not
want it charged on right now when I have not used the
services yet. And since I was able to get them to hold
the room with my card without using it by calling
direct that seems to be the way I like it.

I do not think the first night would be reimbursed unless you gave them ample
cancellation time

I asked for hotels direct
phone number. When I called to book last evening I ended up
getting a room with extra options, ie refrig and microwave for
Nearly $100.00 less.

I never go thru the Internet always booking the real hotel and speaking to the
manager as when they don't allow dogs and you speak to the manger you will
usually get an AOK to bring your dogs : )

This hotel definitely allows dogs and it says so on all the links.
And there is no pound limit. So it is perfect.

My advice is it *may* be best to locate the hotels online and
then call the hotel directly to see if you can obtain a better
deal than is offered on the link.

Yup!

Gwen

Paulette~

Well there may be some incidences that one would obtain
a better deal by code. I don't see how it is possible
during holiday time and resort type area that I could
have gotten a better deal anywhere. Though I would
have much prefered a cabin more secluded. It just
didn't seem logical at this time to pay over $400.00 to
have that. Especially since we are renting an SUV
for the trip since both of our vehicles are starting
to pile up the mileage. The SUV rental was
pretty darn high, but well worth getting something
that can be replaced ASAP if it does break down.
Also not adding another 3000 miles to one of
our vehicles. So the rental car took the place
of a more secluded type cabin, unfortunately.

Gwen

Old November 11th 03, 03:55 PM
Gwen Watson

Old November 11th 03, 03:55 PM
Gwen Watson

Old November 11th 03, 04:19 PM
Kind2dogs

From: Gwen Watson
Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2003 10:55 AM

From: Gwen Watson

Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2003 10:04 AM
[...]

Are you sure they were goin gto charge thewhole thing NOW? What should have
happen is the credit on your card would be on hold,so let's say you have a
$5,000 credit and this hotel bill is $1500, they would put on hold $1500 on
that card, so even though your balance would say $3500 you would not be able to
charge anything as your balance went to your credit line.

I never go thru the Internet always booking the real hotel and speaking

to the
manager as when they don't allow dogs and you speak to the manger you

will
usually get an AOK to bring your dogs : )

This hotel definitely allows dogs and it says so on all the links.
And there is no pound limit. So it is perfect.

No additional charge for dogs?

Yup!

Gwen

Paulette~

Well there may be some incidences that one would obtain
a better deal by code.

Hmmm I guess I think I hear politician in you Gwen. ; )

Old November 11th 03, 04:19 PM
Kind2dogs

From: Gwen Watson
Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2003 10:55 AM