Tiny agility brag

Old November 14th 04, 04:14 AM
Rocky

Default Tiny agility brag

Today, Friday and I had a great run in Masters Jumpers - one of
those where you and your dog !click!

We also earned our first Q in Masters Gamble, but the first
place Jumpers Q in a competitive class still has my blood going.
I should quit now.

Old November 14th 04, 04:21 AM

On 14 Nov 2004 04:14:39 GMT Rocky whittled these words:
Today, Friday and I had a great run in Masters Jumpers - one of
those where you and your dog !click!

Yay!

We also earned our first Q in Masters Gamble, but the first
place Jumpers Q in a competitive class still has my blood going.
I should quit now.

:-)

I wish I had a brag fo the day. We were at an AHBA herding trial. TSuki
and I definetly did not click. He had his own idea of how the hearding
should go - and clam and controlled wasnt it. So we left early. I
suppose I can take very small solace in two things - the judge has seen
him trial before, so she knows he *can* work with me. And he DID
listen, just not enough. As my firend who was watching observed it was if
he decided that sheep calmly walking were way too boring.

--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/
Old November 14th 04, 05:23 AM
Rocky

Diane said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

As my firend who was watching observed it was if
he decided that sheep calmly walking were way too boring.

I've seen that happen with dogs on sheep and all sorts of other
dog stuff. It varies from the "Look! Something shiny over
there!" syndrome to a more staid "I'm in charge here, so take a
hike."

I like it that we can't even *begin* to second guess what's in a
dog's mind at a given moment.

Old November 14th 04, 03:27 PM
Mary W.

Rocky wrote:

Today, Friday and I had a great run in Masters Jumpers - one of
those where you and your dog !click!

Yeah!

We also earned our first Q in Masters Gamble, but the first
place Jumpers Q in a competitive class still has my blood going.
I should quit now.

Both very impressive. Bonnies a lousy gamble dog (I've spent too
much time getting her to stay with me so she now wont work away
from me. Oops. Makes her a very good snooker dog though).

Sounds like a nice weekend...

Mary

Old November 14th 04, 05:39 PM
KWBrown

Rocky wrote in
:

Today, Friday and I had a great run in Masters Jumpers - one of
those where you and your dog !click!

Congratulations! Those feel *marvelous*!

--
Kate
and Storm the FCR
Old November 15th 04, 04:27 AM
Rocky

Mary W. said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Both very impressive. Bonnies a lousy gamble dog (I've
spent too much time getting her to stay with me so she now
wont work away from me. Oops. Makes her a very good snooker
dog though).

Heh. Finally, something that I've taught Friday took hold.
That final gamble opened with a sequence of "away" jumps. I've
been working on his "Go Go Go" (meaning keep going straight
until I say something different) because on straight-aways
there's *no* way I can keep up with him. Cool that it worked.

Old November 15th 04, 04:29 AM
Rocky

KWBrown said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Congratulations! Those feel *marvelous*!

And another today! Maybe it wasn't a quirk.

Old November 15th 04, 04:34 AM
Rocky

Melanie L Chang said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Congratulations! Those don't sound like tiny brags to me.

I'm not one for bragging, but when I have a cool run, t'hell
with propriety. We had another today; lightening struck twice.

Old November 15th 04, 06:20 AM

On 15 Nov 2004 04:34:15 GMT Rocky whittled these words:
Melanie L Chang said in rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Congratulations! Those don't sound like tiny brags to me.

I'm not one for bragging, but when I have a cool run, t'hell
with propriety. We had another today; lightening struck twice.

Awsome.

It really makes it all worth it, doesn't it.
--
Diane Blackman
http://dog-play.com/