My dog seems "Worried" about me when I do certian things... Im justcurious why..(more inside)

Old November 13th 03, 02:24 AM
Martar

Default My dog seems "Worried" about me when I do certian things... Im justcurious why..(more inside)

First a quick background on her:

So anyway, I have a female Dalmation/Blacklab mix.. She is about 5 years old, and I have raised
her from the day she left her mothers side. All shots are current, and she is Fixed... She is an
indoor dog mostly, and is part of a young family of 4. She is extremelly loyal and protective to ALL
of us... Furthermore, during her training days she always learned new things (tricks, rules, etc..) the
first time it was presented to her... And Finally, she has never been exposed to physical
punishment when being scolded... Now onto my current issue........................................

I first noticed this about 6-8 months ago, and it seems to be getting increasingly worse (as far as #
of times she does it)... Basically, no matter what is going on at the time if I get the hiccups or even
BURP (lol), she will stop whatever she is doing and jump up on my lap and lay her chin across my
neck or chest (whichever is easiest to access). She will stay there until I get up or move her aside
(usually after a good 5-10 minute session where I try to explain to her im OK). Then she follows me
around for a bit longer... After than she returns to her normal routine..

Anyway, it started out innocent enough.. She wouldnt do it unless we were sitting together or laying
on the bed watching TV.. But now its gotten so bad that if she hears it happen to me, she could
be in the middle of fetching a ball or pulling on the rope tug, and she will drop what she is doing
and do her usual routine of jumping on my lap and laying her head on my neck or

Ill admit since the day she was a pup she has never left my side, and she seems to be MOST loyal
to me over all others in the home.. But this thing she does when I get the hiccups or burp just
doesnt make sense to me.. Why didnt she start getting worried prior to 6 months ago, why is it
suddenly a problem to her?? When she does it and I look at her, I swear she looks WORRIED or
SCARED!? I know that sounds crazy, but thats why I decided to pursue an answer to this??

What is causing my dog to behave like this???? Any Ideas??? Thanks..............