pound puppy and cat

Old November 13th 03, 07:48 PM
2bor02b

Default pound puppy and cat

The puppy I got from the pound is terrorizing my cat. This is a huge Great
Dane/Lab puppy of 6 months. The cat is 1 year old and she is used to being
with a dog because she was raised with my 13 year old dog. The puppy
continually mouthes the cat, for lack of a better word. He does not seem to
be biting but sometimes the cat lets out a miaow that sounds like pain.
Sometimes they play for a while with no noise coming from the cat. Do I have
to segregate them? Can the cat defend herself? She does have all her claws.
Will she defend herself?

thanks,

Sharyl