cherry eye/third eyelid eversion

Old August 2nd 03, 04:42 AM
uvadixiechicken

Default cherry eye/third eyelid eversion

Hello,
I posted a few days ago about a problem i noticed in my golden's right
eye....i decided that instead of waiting for an answer i'd try and figure it
out, and i think that what he has is 'cherry eye'. Does anyone have any
experience with this? Did your dog go through this, what were the remedies?
I think surgery is the only one....how safe is it? how costly is it? I'm
very worried about my dog...any advice, information would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks!
Jillian

Old August 2nd 03, 05:25 PM
crosem

I have an English cocker spaniel who had two serious cherry eyes when I met
him (previous owner neglect to the nth degree). The surgery is a piece of
cake, a couple of stitches in each eye and voila! it's done. There is a
TINY WEE SMALL chance the surgery might have to be done more than once, but
that is quite rare, and we have had no trouble at all. Dog goes home same
day, no overnight stay. Dog can lose sight in eye(s) if surgery not done,
so I would caution you to hurry!
You may wish to check around on price. A opthamology vet here in Austin, TX
quoted $500; the surgery was done in Conroe, TX (near Houston) by a vet who
works with the rescue group from whence cometh my little doggie for under
$200 and he said he still made enough to cover all expenses/overhead, etc.
and a small profit...so...

Old August 2nd 03, 05:25 PM
crosem