10 month old Labrador aggressive

Old November 18th 03, 09:53 AM
elisa

Default 10 month old Labrador aggressive

Hi, I desperately need help with my little darling Holly who is a
white labrador puppy who was born on the 1/1/03 so she is almost 11
months.

Let me start off by saying that in all other ways she is 'perfect'
dog. Very loving and doesn't show any sign of aggression towards
humans, the other 2 dogs she lives with (4 year old Texas who is an
(M) Old English Sheepdog, and 2 year old Brandi who is a (F) Golden
Retriever), or even large breed (her size or larger) strange dogs.

The problem arises when I take the three dogs for a romp in the park.
Holly absolutely loses control and if there is a small dog she will
become aggressive... turning the dog over, dominating him/her and even
bighting them and making lots of noise (growling but no teeth shown,
which is what has always done even when playing as a small pup). This
is becoming a big problem for me with other owners, as it looks and
sounds alot worse than it probably is... she is a very very solid
looking labrador.

The other 2 dogs don't get involved when this happens.

As I said, Holly is a great dog in every other way. She is very easy
to train, in terms of sitting and learning commands etc. but when
there are small dogs around she seems to lose control and all
intelligence.

I should probably mention also that although the other 2 dogs are very
good and don't get involved at all, Holly is *almost* 80% better with
this issue when she is out in the park by herself.... almost like she
doesn't have anyone to show off to.

Also, although she has always tried to dominate, this has only started
to become serious to the point where I can't control her in the last
month or so. I do try and keep her on the leash when other small and
strange dogs are around, but sometimes she'll see small dogs
approaching before I can get a chance to catch her!!!

Any advice or help would be very very much appreciated as I would hate
for her to get to the point that she actually hurts another dog.