what is that white stuff?

Old November 19th 03, 05:15 PM
culprit

Default what is that white stuff?

this morning i woke up to the sound of Manu growling softly in his crate. i
figured there was a deer in the yard or something, so i came out to see what
it was.
snow.
apparently last night's rain storm turned to snow.

for those of you in the east and midwest who are sick of the stuff already,
please remember that snow is something we get very rarely out here in the
pacific northwet, something that neither Manu or Lola has seem much of
before. i think Lola saw half an inch one day last year, but she was so
young, who knows if she remembers it.

the dogs were NOT amused. they both sat at the back door to go out, neither
one ready to budge from their seat. they kind of looked at me like, "hell
no, it's COLD out there! and who knows what that white stuff is all about."

i wound up having to leash them and lead them outside to do their morning
routine. Manu seemed pretty curious, he's trying to figure out how to eat
it without freezing his nose off... but Lola skirted the edges of it and
stayed as dry as possible. she's a delicate little flower, that one. ;-)

anyway, snow is pretty exciting stuff 'round here. it's still coming, so
hopefully it'll stick past noon for once.

-kelly

Old November 19th 03, 05:29 PM

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, culprit wrote:

apparently last night's rain storm turned to snow.

i think we got your rain and you got our snow. it was in the
60s yesterday and i had to turn on the fan last night.

but Lola skirted the edges of it and stayed as dry as
possible. she's a delicate little flower, that one. ;-)

ha!

harriet says to tell Lola that snow is *fun*. it's not at all
like rain. you can play snow plow in it and it tickles when
it gets up your nose. it's also good for making doggie snow
angels and, if you get enough of it, snow doggie forts. but,
best of all, it makes the ground soft for wrestle mania.
elliott says it's good for napping in.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old November 19th 03, 05:35 PM
Tee

"shelly" wrote in message
arble.net...
On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, culprit wrote:

apparently last night's rain storm turned to snow.

i think we got your rain and you got our snow. it was in the
60s yesterday and i had to turn on the fan last night.

Pshaw, its been in the 70s here. I'm wearing shorts & a t-shirt as I type
this. I pray for cold weather! I've given up on praying for snow. In my
13 years here, I've seen snow every other year for a day or two but it never
sticks to the ground so its a disgusting teaser.

--
Tara

Old November 19th 03, 05:42 PM

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Tee wrote:

Pshaw, its been in the 70s here.

yabbut, it's *supposed* to be warm there. where i live, we're
supposed to have four seasons and one of them, i've been told,
involves snow. hrmph.

I'm wearing shorts & a t-shirt as I type this. I pray for
cold weather! I've given up on praying for snow. In my 13
years here, I've seen snow every other year for a day or two
but it never sticks to the ground so its a disgusting teaser.

yuck. sloshy, melty snow is depressing. it looks pretty for
about ten minutes, then it turns to disgusting slop. and,
it's a *bitch* to walk in. there's nothing quite like ice
cold snowy water seeping into your shoes.