rescued dog!

Old November 23rd 03, 05:04 PM
M.H. Greaves.

Default rescued dog!

we took the little chap a run in the car today, to collect my daughter, (she
works in the rescue centre we got him in), he was sick just as we got there,
but that's only because i found out he'd had his dinner only an hour before,
other than that he loves the car! He just sat looking out of the windows,
and enjoyed it.
My daughter bought a new collar for our older dog because i wanted matching
collars on them; (mushy, i know), and because he has had a chocker chain on
for a few years, he doesn't pull on the lead and he's not a big fierce brute
so he doesn't need it, i gather they are not looked upon kindly by doggy
experts now!
The pup's now got the hang of sit, and he's learning to "give" whatever he
has in his mouth, be it a ball or a toy, I'll start teaching him lie down
this week.
The best way to teach them is as part of a game, if its fun he learns much
better; if its a direct lesson he quickly loses interest, all in all he's
doing great. smashing little chap, he's gonna be a good little guard dog
too; we are in the ground flat and he can hear all that goes on in the
stairwell, and barks, he barks until i can calm him down, usually by letting
him see what is out there, then he's fine, if he's frightened he barks quite
a bit more, and takes a bit more time and encouragement to calm him.
will keep you posted, regards.

Old November 23rd 03, 09:15 PM
M.H. Greaves.

know what you mean, we call him max, i just thought it would be more
appealing to other doggy lovers, to title it that way for now! thanx for the
tip!
"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
M.H. Greaves. wrote:
will keep you posted, regards.

It'll be cool when you can start referring to him as "our
dog" rather than "rescue dog."

Dogs don't bite when a growl will do