Moving AGAIN fencing question and Happy Thanksgiving!

Old November 28th 03, 04:34 AM
Child

Default Moving AGAIN fencing question and Happy Thanksgiving!

Our landlord sucks and we found a house we really like to rent, with really
excellent landlords.
The best thing about the house is the location - its right across the street
from one of the offleash dog parks in state, also the best SKIJORING area.
Literally right across the street, on a dead end culdesac with only one
other house on it. No traffic, trail access right across the quiet street,
and a view of the park and the mountains from the living room. Nice front
porch for dogs to lie on in summer.

the yard is enormous too for Anchorage. Lots are small here and yards tend
to be small. This yard is at least 80 feet wide and almost as long.
Perfectly flat and empty. Perfect for agility. Only one problem, its only
3/4 fenced. The landlord has graciously agreed that we could add temporary
fencing for the dogs. We have a plan, wanted to see if anyone had any
better ideas. We are going to use the existing fence, the shed and the
carport supports as supports for wire fencing. In between the existing
supports, we are going to use concrete column piers that have teco hardware
to mount 4x4's to the top. We will use these posts to keep the fence
upright in between the existing supports. Then we can stabilize with 2x12's
if needed.

anyone put up some temporary fencing in winter when the ground is frozen?
Got ideas for me?

I am going to put in an order for an aframe and a dog walk in january!!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and yours. Hope the pups got something
special.