Crate re-training

Old March 31st 04, 09:35 PM
-mi-chael4

Default Crate re-training

shelly wrote:
URK-OFF wrote in
...:

Until she sees the crate as a "special" place and isn't
reluctant to go in there, I wouldn't use it as a time out.
You don't want her to see it as a punishment.

once Marie's got Macula convinced that her crate is a Very
Good Place, she can use it to distract and settle Macula
without turning it into an unpleasant experience. i use
harriet's crate that way. when she gets out of control, i
tell her to go to her crate, where she waits patiently for a
treat. time-outs vary from a few moments up to a few hours,

BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA!!!!

depending on why she's been crated [1]. she may get a cookie
then be released immediately after her treat or she may be
given a cookie or bone or Kong without being released. i've
handled it that way for years

BWHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAAA!!!!!

[1] i don't just use her crate for time-outs.

You use it to keep yourself from strangling
your dog, who is always a PITA, because you
are always an INSANE TOXIC MOMMMMMY.

she's
occasionally crated for my convenience--usually only for 30
minutes or so, but occasionally for a few hours at a time. i
think having a place where she can turn off and settle down
for X amount of time is good for her.

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

you're INSANE, and so is your boxer, because she
has had to live with you and be starved by you,
for YEARS.

You've crated Hattie for a greater proportion
of her life than any other regular. Because you
are stupid and pathetic and insane. Not because
it is good for her in any way.

You are a witless toxic mommy imbecile and you
are a horrible, horrible, abusive and ignorant
dog abuser and starver.

I hope that heelps.

PS,
this is what a normal, non-insane non idiotic
dog owner does with adult dogs.

such as these
http://dogtv.com/kwame_chazz_spring04.jpg

No crating whatsoever for any reason.
No time-outs.
Dogs are not PITAs and never need to
be treated that way. And if they are
PITAs, it's just turned into a training
opportunity and not a situation where
TOXIC MOMMY has to put the dog in a box
to prevent her from strangling it.

The only person in the dog newsgroups
who is more pathetic than you is Marie
the idiot Canadian with the twins.

But you are very, very close.

I hope that heelps you,

--
this is michael
reporting live...

BRILLIANT
http://dogtv.com/sionnach.wmv

A SPECIAL BONUS ON shelly the librarian at Indiana U.

SHELLY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T THINK HATTIE IS STARVING

EMACIATED, VET WAS SURPRISED

"when i got harriet she was emaciated, so
i asked my vet for advice on slowly adding
weight to her. six months later i took
harriet in for her spring check-up and my
vet was surprised that at how thin she still
was."
--shelly couvrette

STILL VET SHOPPING

"raises hand i've been told by three
different vets that harriet (53lbs) is
*way* too skinny. we're still vet-shopping,
BTW."

--shelly couvrette

THE OL' "I'M STARVING" ROUTINE

"if you really can't resist it when your dog pulls
the "i'm starving!" routine G, you can give
him some frozen green beans or a small amount
of plain pureed pumpkin. i would also suggest
putting the food out of his sight. i keep my
food--still inside the bags, which are tightly
rolled down--inside trash cans in the closed
laundry room. that keeps it fresh and keeps
it out of my dogs' sight."

--shelly couvrette

POSITIVELY STARVED

"heh. i get the opposite response. people think
that poor little harriet is positively starved
to death. i've actually had people stop me in
the pet supply shop and tell me that i need to
fatten her up!"

--shelly couvrette

WHO WANTS TO BE TOLD YOU ARE HURTING YOUR
WIDDLE PRECIOUS?

"i think that may be part of the problem. who
wants to go to a vet who tells you you're
hurting your .widdle precious? i think the
other part is that some vets really don't
*realize* that what they consider proper weight
is fat. after having been told by a couple of
vets that my dogs are too thin, i've got a dim
view of vets on that topic."

--shelly couvrette

JUST A BITE WON'T HURT
--shelly's mom

FEED HER AND I'LL RIP YOUR
ARM OFF, BITCH
--shelly

"my mom is kinda that way, but not *as* bad.
she thinks that harriet is awfully skinny,
so feeding her table snax is okay. she
tells me that just a bite won't hurt."

--shelly couvrette

HATTIE DOWN TO 47 POUNDS (03/04)

G exactly. my dogs are a dream in the
house. unless, that is, they don't get enough
stimulation. while i was sick, elliott was
*pretty* good (he got really needy and pathetic
toward the end), but harriet turned into 47lbs
of pure orneriness.

NOBODY IS STARVING FAT PI.G SHELLY

NOBODY WILL STOP SHELLY ON THE STREET
AND TELL HER SHE IS STARVING HERSELF
shelly's fat face
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette/Wshelly2.jpg

Old March 31st 04, 09:41 PM
-mi-chael4

-mi-chael4 wrote:

PS,
this is what a normal, non-insane non idiotic
dog owner does with adult dogs.

such as these

make that

http://dogtv.com/kwame_chazz_spring03.jpg