Good dogs.

Old December 1st 03, 04:46 PM
Lone Hansen

Default Good dogs.

My brother and his new girlfriend have just been here for a couple of days.
I am proud to tell that both Ezra and Sonny behaved and showed their good
sides. My brother has met Ezra before and has passed her test. Ezra has a
thing for trying to run people off by snapping at their heels, which doesn't
bother my brother, he has told her to cut the crap. So the big test this
time was Sonny and how he would behave and how brother's girlfriend would
get along with the dogs.
When they arrived we took the dogs out for a long walk and some play.
There was a bit of barking and growling before we went on the walk but
nothing when we came back. The first morning when they got up they had to
pass a growling and barking Sonny outside the guest bedroom. My brother told
Sonny to stop being silly and that was it. No more barking and growling and
Ezra didn't try her normal snapping at the heels with the girlfriend. In
fact both dogs seemed pleased that they had 2 more people to pester for
attention. Ezra and Sonny got so much attention and so many pets that they
feel in love with both of them Every evening Ezra was snuggling on the
sofa with the girlfriend and Sonny would sit with his head buried against my
brother's chest moaning while getting his ears rubbed.

The only minor problem was that Sonny wouldn't let them put on his leash
or take it off. And that he had a fit one day on a walk. My brother was
holding his leash and I Ezra's. Suddenly Sonny started to bark and pull on
the leash in an attempt to get to me, that made Ezra go off, and we had the
2 of them going at eachother(Sonny lost a lump of fur). I asked to get Sonny
handed over and the instance his leash was back in my hand everything was
fine, no more barking and growling....... I think he has started to like me

All in all the visit was a huge success, both dogs behaved much, much
better than I had though they would. In fact both of them acted almost
normal and non of them showed any signs of their aggression issues(apart
from Sonny and the leash thing). I am so proud of them, Sonny for being so
good and not going through his guard dog mode with the non stop barking and
growling (that dog bark at everything and anything) and Ezra for being so
good and non protective of herself, me and the home.

I have the BEST dogs and I wouldn't trade them for anything, they are
MINE

Lone ( on cloud nine)