Is my bullmastiff dumb or testing me?

Old December 2nd 03, 12:36 PM
chris christanis

Default Is my bullmastiff dumb or testing me?

A very stubborn dog, but I love him. We had an invisible fence put in which
works great. We have patio doors that go out to our deck. This is where I
let the bully out. For the last few weeks, if I just let him out , he will
pee right there on the deck in front of the door (never poops). This happens
unless I walk off the deck with him. It seems as if he does not want to go
out by himself. He HATES to be by himself. This is the case MOST of the
time. Sometimes he will go out by himself and do as he is supposed to do. It
is not that he is afraid of the fencing, because he will go out and run
around and play if I go with him. He is 5 months old now and does very good
in the house as far as peeing. Should I walk out with him until he stops
doing this? I have just been telling him no! when he does it and guide him
to the lawn. I don't want to confuse him though because he is outside. But
he knows what he is doing wrong , right?