neighbor's dogs, pt ii

Old December 3rd 03, 11:40 PM
culprit

Default neighbor's dogs, pt ii

well, i went by the new house today and met the woman across the street.
she has a big huge yard and i knew i had seen some sort of coated sighthound
there before.

anyway, Beth was right, it was a Borzoi. there are two of them. there are
also three young whippets and a fox terrier. we went over to the fence line
and the whippets came running over to sniff us and give love. they seem
like fantastic dogs, but i don't think they'll be playing with my two, thin
skin and all that. the poor fox terrier had been debarked, and spends all
day in a tall pen, jumping up and down, trying to play with the whippets,
who have run of the yard.

i told the woman we had pit bulls, kind of to gauge her reaction, and she
seemed ok with it. she said all the pit bulls she's met are sweet, and we
seem normal, so she's not worried about it at all. the other neighbor, the
one with the lab, i'm not so sure about. i made sure to tell him that
they're great with kids and he should bring his sons over to meet them as
soon as we move in. he said ok, but i think he was pretty relieved when we
said they were inside dogs.

-kelly