OT - snow!

Old December 5th 03, 07:33 PM
J1Boss

Default OT - snow!

The 1-3" we were supposed to wake up to was 8" (which turned into 11") here. A
bit has melted with rain and 35F temps this afternoon, and more rain/ice/snow
and then all snow is supposed to start after dinner time. Boy was the snow wet
and heavy to shovel.

Lucy has decided the rain on snow is not pleasant, so is not playing in the
snow like she normally might. Franklin, OTOH, races and romps and loves it.
Right in front of my office window a moment ago, a pair of deer walked up and
stood in front of the window. Didn't get my camera ready in time, but they
looked so beautiful in the snow. Of course, when they are on the road, I have
other words for them!

Hope everyone in DC/Maryland on north is staying warm and dry and safe during
our first wintry blast!

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine

Old December 5th 03, 07:43 PM
Suja

J1Boss wrote:
The 1-3" we were supposed to wake up to was 8" (which turned into 11") here.

Dammit, why couldn't we get that much snow here? Khan was sooo excited
to see snow on the ground when we went out for our potty walk last night
- one of his favorite activities is to investigate footprints in the
snow (stick nose in print, blow real hard), and he kept doing that to
his own footprints. Doofus.

Right now, it is all icky and disgusting, with most of the snow having
turned into a slurry. I'm sure it'll all freeze overnight, we'll get a
few inches of snow, and then it'll be hell to clean up. It's raining
ever so lightly, but doofy dog is insisting upon sitting out in it. I
even tried distracting him by giving him a quail, but he wolfed it down
in about a minute, and was back, roo-rooing and wagging his tail.

Suja

Old December 5th 03, 08:19 PM
J1Boss

Suja wrote:
Dammit, why couldn't we get that much snow here?

It's snowing heavily again now. Where's the rain they keep saying is falling?

I'll gladly send some down your way. I have to go west to flyball on Sunday,
and am grateful that I'm not the part of the team that's going tomorrow!

Old December 5th 03, 08:19 PM
Sionnach

Hope everyone in DC/Maryland on north is staying warm and dry and safe

during
our first wintry blast!

Warm and dry now... after spending two hours in the cold rain digging out
the driveway, then getting my van unstuck & the cars rearranged. We have a
slope on either side of the driveway, which is gravel, and needs another
load put down. Normally, we park the cars side-by-side, and it's not an
issue.
But when it's slippery, if the cars aren't parked one behind each other in
the level middle of the driveway, one can slide sideways trying to back out-
which is what my van did. :-P
(Usually, when snow's expected, we park the cars nose-to-tail BEFORE the
storm- dunno why it slipped our minds this time.)
I opted to stay home after that, because my street has been neither plowed
nor salted, and I expect it to be ice by the time I'd have been coming home
from work.
The guys at the shop think I'm being a wimp, but I don't care.

The dogs went out and played in the back yard, but it's too wet what with
the cold rain to stay out there long; Rocsi climbed up on the couch beside
me about 10 minutes ago, shivering, and is now happily smushed in between me
and the pillow.

Snow on the Dox Yawgoog Dog breeds 3 December 9th 03 10:05 PM
baltimore folks Kind2dogs Dog behavior 203 September 21st 03 03:01 PM
Winter is a coming Tom Royer Dog behavior 87 September 18th 03 01:55 AM