LOOKING FOR A DOG OR PUPPY IN TIME FOR XMAS!!

Old December 9th 03, 05:00 AM
Tricia9999

Default LOOKING FOR A DOG OR PUPPY IN TIME FOR XMAS!!

I'm just going to say a prayer and hope that this is a ruse/troll.

shudder

Gotta be a troll.
Old December 9th 03, 05:00 AM
Tricia9999

Old December 9th 03, 05:00 AM
Tricia9999

Old December 9th 03, 10:13 PM
Kenneth Contois

I don't know why you people are so bitter. FYI we had a female Rotty, that
had never been around kids before. She was a very nervous dog and had niped
someone before. She was a RESCUED dog. We carefully selected a wonderful
family that didn't have and were not planning on having kids. They were the
perfect environment for her. If you believe that a dog is worth putting
your own child in danger than I hope to God you have no children. I love
Tasha very much but could not say that I trusted her 100% with a newborn
baby.

I apologize for posting:
"If I would have known we would have found a temporary
home. If by any chance the people that have Tasha, a 3 yr old Rotty, not
fixed, see this message, and are looking to give her back or could find it
in their hearts to let her come back to us, please contact us, we'll take
her back. We gave her away in Jan 2003."

I just miss her very much, but understand that it wouldn't be the best thing
for her or us.

As for getting my son a dog, I am carefully researching breeds to find the
best match for us. After growing up with a dog myself, I can say that it
was a great decision on my parents part. I learned a lot about life. All I
want to do is offer my son the same opportunity. Of course we don't expect
our son to care for the dog now but eventually, he will be able to take on
more and more responsibility.

So for all you people who are posting really nasty comments, about a
situation that you know nothing about, maybe you should take a step back, or
ask instead of assuming.

Thank you and Season's Greetings Everyone!

Jody Contois

Old December 9th 03, 10:29 PM
Gwen Watson

Kenneth Contois wrote:

So for all you people who are posting really nasty comments, about a
situation that you know nothing about, maybe you should take a step back, or
ask instead of assuming.

Thank you and Season's Greetings Everyone!

Jody Contois

A dog is a lifetime commitment. The fact that you had a rottie
and did not commit to her is an issue. Your son is too young
at this time to appreciate a dog and most likely it would
not be good timing. A 5 year old child can much more
appreciate a dog and take on a minimum amount
of supervised responsibility. At 9 months
old your son will not care about the dog.

I think several years of researching breeds
or mixes would be a good idea. At the very
least wait until your son is at least 5-6.

And next time you obtain a dog, please think
it out all the way and commit to the dog
for it's lifetime. Dogs are not something to
throw away at a persons convience. They
are living, feeling beings.

Happy Holidays to you! Get your son
an "Elmo" toy for now. He will appreciate
that much more than any dog or puppy.

Gwen

Old December 9th 03, 10:37 PM
J1Boss

She was a RESCUED dog. Tasha, a 3 yr old Rotty, not
fixed,

A rescued dog, who the organization didn't spay or require you to spay? And
you didn't bother spaying her before you placed her?

I just miss her very much, but understand that it wouldn't be the best thing
for her or us.

No, it wouldn't be. Giving up on a living thing is sad, but having second
thoughts a year later is no way fair to the dog.

As for getting my son a dog, I am carefully researching breeds to find the
best match for us. After growing up with a dog myself, I can say that it
was a great decision on my parents part. I learned a lot about life. All I
want to do is offer my son the same opportunity.

I think what others are pointing out, is that getting a PUPPY with a 9 month
old is a lot of mayhem and many breeders wouldn't consider such a thing.
Having an existing, well behaved dog before you have children, or after they
are more mobile and independent is very different.

Of course we don't expect
our son to care for the dog now but eventually, he will be able to take on
more and more responsibility.

Well, let's face it - responsibility won't be for several YEARS.

So for all you people who are posting really nasty comments, about a
situation that you know nothing about, maybe you should take a step back, or
ask instead of assuming.

Christmas is one of the worst times for a new puppy, especially with a
fledgeling toddler in the house. If you really want a puppy (for you, for your
child, whatever), spring/summer is a much better time for so many reasons, not
the least of which that you don't have to bundle up a child every time you need
to TAKE the puppy outside (ok - I'm assuming you live someplace where it gets
cold, since you're in Canada). Got that really gross diaper off? Puppy asks
to go out! How fast CAN you dress a child in a snowsuit before the puppy pees
on the floor? You can't leave the baby inside alone and you can't just send a
puppy out if you want to get it housebroken.

IF an adult dog is to your liking, there are probably many that would be a good
match. With your history, don't expect a rescue or shelter to approve you
easily though - you've given up one dog, intact, and that just doesn't sit
well, no matter how you look at it.

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine