Golden Retrivers for Sale

Old July 2nd 03, 03:25 AM

When the ancient war dogs did battle on 30 Jun 2003 16:59:09 GMT,
Dimpled Chad did speak the following bit of
wisdom:

Well, I've no idea, but I'll defer to people who know these things better.
Did you notice in this picture that the dam is lying on bottles of beer?
Very nice.

Why is she all wet? Were these shots taken right after the birth or
something? If not, then that bothers me too. Seems like you'd want to
keep a new mommy and her babes (especially) nice and warm and dry.

* * * * *
Karen C.
Spammers be damned! I can't be emailed from this account...

"You have no power here!
...Be gone! Before somebody drops a house on you too!"
Old July 2nd 03, 06:02 AM
dianne marie schoenberg

Tara wrote:
dianne marie schoenberg wrote:
Tara wrote:
Yes. You can tell because they're in pieces. (See the original
post :-).)

Heh.

Maybe it takes fewer pieces to make a female and *that's* why each piece
costs a little more?

Could be a whole new way to market dogs: Pooches by the Piece - build
your own.

Oh, wow... wouldn't THAT be nice?!?! I know what kind of
head I want... what kind of front... what kind of hips
(of course!!), what kind of temperament, and so on and
so on and so on. It would be SO ideal to get to pick
and choose and assemble the dog of my dreams out of all
the various bloodlines I admire!

Of course real life isn't really that simple, and that's
why one of the mottos of the knowledgable breeder is "breed
the best to the best and hope for the best."

Dianne
Old July 2nd 03, 10:53 AM
Chris Jung

wrote in message
When the ancient war dogs did battle on 30 Jun 2003 16:59:09 GMT,
Dimpled Chad did speak the following bit of
wisdom:

Well, I've no idea, but I'll defer to people who know these things

better.
Did you notice in this picture that the dam is lying on bottles of beer?
Very nice.

Why is she all wet? Were these shots taken right after the birth or
something? If not, then that bothers me too. Seems like you'd want to
keep a new mommy and her babes (especially) nice and warm and dry.

No kidding. I saw pictures of Pablo's birth. Raven (Pablo's mummy) whelped
in the kitchen, in a whelping pen, on blankets which were replaced when
soiled. The pups were placed in a special warming pan with a thermostat to
keep them at the ideal temp. The warming pan was near Raven's head so she
could lick them. After the whelping was finished she was resting with her
new family on a layer of lambskin with a blanket and newspapers underneath.
It was warm, comfy, clean and no beer bottles (well maybe the breeders
cracked a few open to celebrate the lovely pups and to toast the new
mother). All the pups lived. The pups were raised in the kitchen and were
handled all the time. Duncan told me he would sneak Pablo (who was "Iceman"
at the time) bits of his grilled cheese sandwich. "Iceman" would get so
excited about grilled cheese sandwiches that he would chatter his teeth.
:-)

Chris and her smoothies,
Zeffie and Pablo (formerly "Iceman")

Old July 2nd 03, 04:49 PM
BoxHill

I sent him an email.

He has never heard of the OFA.
Janet

//Dear Artemesia! Poetry's a sna
//Bedlam has many Mansions: have a ca
//Your Muse diverts you, makes the Reader sad:
//You think your self inspir'd; He thinks you mad.
Old July 2nd 03, 06:03 PM
dianne marie schoenberg

BoxHill wrote:
I sent him an email.

He has never heard of the OFA.

Sigh...

Let this be a warning to all of you who might be tempted to
buy a BYB dog someday: people suffer because of breeders like
this and dogs suffer because of breeders like this. No, not
all BYB dogs have health or temperament problems, but GOOD
breeders do everything they can to stack the deck in their
favor... and so should you.

A couple of links of interest:

http://www.offa/org : website of the Orthopedic Foundation
for Animals (includes a searchable database)

http://www.panhandlegunslingers.com/pkc/Who%20Cares.htm :
A must-read.

Dianne
Old July 3rd 03, 12:56 PM
Mud E Poz

i didn't know brain tumors were passed down by bad breeding.

-kelly

Tendency to tumors and cancer is indeed genetic, but it doesn't have to just be
passed down by bad breeding. Amplifying the affect though, is.

Old July 9th 03, 07:00 PM

On 9 Jul 2003 08:04:46 -0700 Will whittled these words:
Only 4 Golden Retrivers left, all males for $250 each, full-blooded,
AKC registered. Check out http://www.geocities.com/thrillwilliebill/
If you are interested email me at

Not only a breeder who lacked knowledge before breeding, but one who
refuses to learn. "full-blooded" Well gee I do hope they are full of
blood.

Diane Blackman