Ugh, snow balls, and girls in heat

Old December 12th 03, 05:26 AM
Child

Default Ugh, snow balls, and girls in heat

Today was Kavik's fourth barkday and he got to come to work with me. Toklat
also came as did their friend the GSD puppy Aziza.

We took them all over to the new house at lunch so they could enjoy the new
yard. And enjoy they did. Its kind of warm today - almost above freezing
and the snow was very wet and very deep. The snow in the yard is up to
Aziza's chest, and my boys are both smaller than Aziza. They played for
about an hour, like maniacs and then lay like happy badgers with bad tails
in the snow.

Unfortunately, the snow was warm and Toklat ended up with the worst
snowballs all between his legs on his belly. We had to take him inside and
put him in the bathtub to get rid of them.

Can you pam spray the whole crotch of a dog in the snow? think it would
help? Its not often that warm out with fresh snow but it would be nice to
have a way to let tok go outside without getting a bath.

Aziza is seven months old, and un-spayed. She is suddenly kind of cranky
about boys sniffing her butt, and is extra-cranky with her brother ollie,
and very snuggly-mushy with her mom. Boy dogs seems extra interested in her
butt. Does this sound like heat?

I ask this because i was concerned about letting the boys play with her, but
there was no sign of any interest in Aziza butt from either of my boys.
Just wrestling. She also was not grouchy with them, at all. Her mom said
she was the best natured she had seen her in about a week.

During the move of furniture we were planning on leaving tok and kavik at
Katy's house, and i was a little worried about the heat thing. Toklat is
intact, and Aziza-Toklat puppies would not only be ugly but they might be
the worst of toklat combined with the worst of aziza, which would be really
bad.

The boys can stay in a crate here, and drive back and forth to the new house
with us, if need be. What would you do?