Macula's limp

Old December 13th 03, 08:54 PM
Marie

Default Macula's limp

First chance I've had to post since being to the vet:

The limp was still there, no better, no worse, in the morning so off to the
vet we went. Have I mentioned that Macula has really good leash manners
with the double stroller? Nothing that we taught but a blessing none the
less. So we get to the vet's (and I experience once again the realization
of how small places become when a very large stroller is introduced) and the
vet agrees with me that Pupster is 'toeing' and sitting kinda lop-sided.

He manipulated both hind legs and decided that Macula had strained something
in her knee, he called it the "stifle" or something. He feels it should
resolve itself in the next few weeks and Macula doesn't seem to be in any
real pain. Even now, a couple of days later, the limp seems completely gone
at times :-)

One question: we've never thought to teach Macula anything like "roll over"
or "play dead" but after this vet visit I'm wondering if we should try. He
had to lay Macula on her side in order to examine the leg, and it took him,
his assistant and me to get and keep Macula in the proper position. I'm
trying to figure out how to teach Macula a trick like "play dead," and if it
would work in a situation like the vet's office.

Marie
Meet Macula at http://members.rogers.com/mmcw/
Meet the Kidlets at http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mmcw2