Oso's visit today

Old December 14th 03, 04:51 AM

Default Oso's visit today

On impluse I added an extra visit to Oso's schdule this weekend.
It turned out to be a great decision. It was one of those special visits.
There were quite a few fully competent residents who were delighted to see
him and give him and good scatch. Then there was one bed ridden person.
She was presented to us as "non-responsive" (the implication being she
didn't necessarily understand what was going on). But when I presented
Oso to her there was clearly someone home. I got him up on a chair next
to her and he leaned over her. I could see her hand moving to try to pet
him but she couldn't do more than twich. As Oso continued to sniff I said
"no kisses" a reminder to him that he is not allowed to lick unless
invited. I swear I saw the twinkle in her eye as she very deliberatly
thrust her chin out at him and he gave her a very gentle licking. It was
wonderful.

Diane Blackman