Dog Shows

Old April 5th 04, 07:38 AM
Cin

Default Dog Shows

hi everyone,
Atlas and i are going to sydney on saturday for a dog show, my breeder is
actaully doing the showing, i have had a word to him and he has most of the
stuff he needs to show him, but what else do i take? What is a quick list
that you guys take with you at shows or obediance?
I have a crate, blankets, a tarp to keep the sun/rain off him, chair, rug to
sit on, water, sunscreen, leads, is there anyhting else you can help me out
on?

Thanks

Cin

--
-------------------------------------

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~c.collings/

We really never lose the ones we love...
They live forever within our hearts.

They say a man isn't dead unless he is forgotten, my brother will never be
forgotten

When a baby is born the angels weep and humans rejoice. When a loved one
dies, humans weep, but the angels rejoice."

Old April 5th 04, 02:13 PM
Shelly & The Boys

"Cin" wrote in message
hi everyone,
Atlas and i are going to sydney on saturday for a dog show, my breeder is
actaully doing the showing, i have had a word to him and he has most of

the
stuff he needs to show him, but what else do i take? What is a quick list
that you guys take with you at shows or obediance?
I have a crate, blankets, a tarp to keep the sun/rain off him, chair, rug

sit on, water, sunscreen, leads, is there anyhting else you can help me

out
on?

Snacks! Around here, show food usually is not all that great, so I
usually
try to take some alternative. Even if it's something like cereal bars,
some fruit or yogurt & beverages (water/sodas) for yourself.
Pack yourself a small lunchbox and you'll be set.

A map, and plenty of time ahead so you'll be sure to get there with
ample time to park, set up, potty yourself & your dog, and then
time to settle (or amp up!) your dog.

And, bungee/clamp clips of some sort. You never know what you'll
need them for, but they really come in handy if you DO need them!
Shelly & The Boys (Mom's a NOTORIOUS overpacker!)

Old April 5th 04, 10:53 PM
Abby Pennington

"Cin" wrote in :

What
is a quick list that you guys take with you at shows or obediance?
I have a crate, blankets, a tarp to keep the sun/rain off him, chair,
rug to sit on, water, sunscreen, leads, is there anyhting else you can
help me out on?

This is what I take... Folding chairs, sun screen tarp, crate, cool
pads/ice packs, a cooler with snacks, bait/treats for the dog, toys, any
last-minute grooming supplies, a spray bottle with plain water in it (to
mist dogs if it's hot), comfortable shoes and an outfit to change into
after I'm done showing, sunglasses, camera, poop bags! I can't really
think of anything else right now. We do have this little fridge thing
that plugs into the lighter outlet in the car to keep things cold.

--
-Abby

Pems, Aussie, and a Pug

****Remove shoes to reply****
Old April 6th 04, 03:59 AM
Frank Morris

Howdy Cin,
As far as snacks for people I take Power Bars. They don't melt like
the choclate covered health food bars or candy bars.

Frank X. Morris
http://community.webtv.net/Sulkhalil/SalukiCornerChime

Old April 6th 04, 04:37 AM
Margaret

"Cin" wrote in message
hi everyone,
Atlas and i are going to sydney on saturday for a dog show, my breeder is
actaully doing the showing, i have had a word to him and he has most of

the
stuff he needs to show him, but what else do i take? What is a quick list
that you guys take with you at shows or obediance?
I have a crate, blankets, a tarp to keep the sun/rain off him, chair, rug

sit on, water, sunscreen, leads, is there anyhting else you can help me

out
on?

I'm sorry I don't know what kind of dog you have, but what about grooming
equipment? Will the breeder have that? Also,snacks for you and treats for
bait if you use it.

Margaret

Old April 6th 04, 02:26 PM
Emily Carroll

"Cin" wrote in message
hi everyone,
Atlas and i are going to sydney on saturday for a dog show, my breeder is
actaully doing the showing, i have had a word to him and he has most of

the
stuff he needs to show him, but what else do i take? What is a quick list
that you guys take with you at shows or obediance?
I have a crate, blankets, a tarp to keep the sun/rain off him, chair, rug

sit on, water, sunscreen, leads, is there anyhting else you can help me

out
on?

My list, keeping in mind that I'm usually in the ring at some point...

--Change of clothes, I got peed on once by a horny boy, I was the only
vertical thing he could reach and there was a bitch in heat nearby
--Spare shoes--I always wear my normal shoes to go in and out and my "show"
shoes once I'm out of the weather.
--Nylons, great if it's cooler
--Jacket as it ALWAYS rains at outdoor shows and the temperature at indoor
ones fluctuates depending on where you're sitting.
--Extra deoderant as if it's not freezing or raining, it's 95 degrees out.
--Extra collar
--Show Lead
--Bowl & Water
--Bait & Treats
--Camp chair (The windbreaker material ones that fold up and go in a little
bag, easier to carry)
--Vicks, if you have a boy, because they LOVE girls in heat
--Paper towels. NEVER go to a show without paper towels. You will
inevitably have pee, poo, or puke to clean up out of the crate if you don't.
--Cash. At least $20. Parking, catalogs (I *always* get catalogs for
pedigree research, to mark as I watch, etc.)

--
Emily Carroll
Fluttervale Labradors: www.fluttervale.com

---

Old April 7th 04, 07:03 AM
Cin

Thanks.

I will keep all of that inmind

Cin

Old April 7th 04, 07:04 AM
Cin

This is what I take... Folding chairs, sun screen tarp, crate, cool
pads/ice packs, a cooler with snacks, bait/treats for the dog, toys, any
last-minute grooming supplies, a spray bottle with plain water in it (to
mist dogs if it's hot), comfortable shoes and an outfit to change into
after I'm done showing, sunglasses, camera, poop bags! I can't really
think of anything else right now. We do have this little fridge thing
that plugs into the lighter outlet in the car to keep things cold.

--

Thanks, i had most of those i will write the rest down and remember!

Cin

Old April 7th 04, 07:05 AM
Cin

I'm sorry I don't know what kind of dog you have, but what about grooming
equipment? Will the breeder have that? Also,snacks for you and treats

for
bait if you use it.

I have a bull terrier, the breeder will have all the grooming equipment

Cin

Old April 7th 04, 07:07 AM
Cin

My list, keeping in mind that I'm usually in the ring at some point...

--Change of clothes, I got peed on once by a horny boy,

I am guessing you are talking about a dog right?

I was the only
vertical thing he could reach and there was a bitch in heat nearby
--Spare shoes--I always wear my normal shoes to go in and out and my

"show"
shoes once I'm out of the weather.
--Nylons, great if it's cooler
--Jacket as it ALWAYS rains at outdoor shows and the temperature at indoor
ones fluctuates depending on where you're sitting.
--Extra deoderant as if it's not freezing or raining, it's 95 degrees out.
--Extra collar
--Show Lead
--Bowl & Water
--Bait & Treats
--Camp chair (The windbreaker material ones that fold up and go in a

little
bag, easier to carry)
--Vicks, if you have a boy, because they LOVE girls in heat

Dare i ask.... ?

--Paper towels. NEVER go to a show without paper towels. You will
inevitably have pee, poo, or puke to clean up out of the crate if you

don't.

Didnt think of these, thanks

Cin