Differences

Old December 15th 03, 03:32 PM
Shelly & The Boys

Default Differences

I just had to laugh.
Our herding club had a meeting a few weeks ago. We were sitting
around discussing club business over pizza, when one of the women
began talking about her new puppy. She has Rottweilers, herding
Rotties. The three dogs of hers I've seen have been really nice workers.
Her newest addition is this super cute little thing that
loves to herd ducks (she's maybe 18 wks by now?).
Anyway, someone asked her how her puppy was doing, and she
commented, "Oh she's great. She's the weirdest puppy though,
she is always moving! While my other Rotts would settle in & lie
at my feet, this girl never stops!".
I look across the table at two friends (one who has Groenendaels,
the other who has a Terv), and we all sort of chuckle.
I ask the Rottie lady, "And...?"
She just looks at me, we three are laughing. "Is she running around you as
you sit in your chair?" I ask.
"No, she's just always on the move," she says.
"Does she circle the recliner for fun?" asks my friend w/ Groens.
By this time, the three of us are laughing pretty heartily now. Then the
club's newsletter editor starts laughing, "...and the Belgian people
just laugh," she says (she has an ACD & a Kelpie).
I just thought it funny what some people consider strange puppy behavior,
and what others consider normal puppy behavior! I'd be worried if Bodhi
just wanted to lie around at my feet, even if he does calm down now & then!
Shelly & The Boys

--
http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/BSD.html