Separated at birth

Old December 17th 03, 05:16 PM
Lee DeRaud

Default Separated at birth

Ok, anybody here know anything about Portuguese Podengos? Reason I ask
is, the rescue group I got Ozzy from told me he was Pembroke Welsh
Corgi (father) crossed with Cairn Terrier (mother). Since he was an
owner-turn-in, I had no reason to think otherwise, and everyone who
sees him comes up with SKC x SKT (some kinda Corgi crossed with some
kinda terrier):
http://community.webshots.com/script...bumID=57180944

Then I saw this:
http://7mares.terravista.pt/podengos/peqcerdososgb.html
especially the one in the middle of the bottom row. The first reaction
I had was, "WTF?!? I don't remember taking *that* picture...". And no,
the guy on the right isn't me, although I do own a hat like that.

Pretty weird, eh? The only thing I can say is (1) Podengos are not
exactly thick on the ground in the US and (2) their sizes are
described as "small" (5-6kg) and "medium" (16-20kg) - Ozzy slides
right in between at 11kg, give or take a Happy Meal.

Enquiring minds want to know. (rpd.breeds people please email or
respond to rpd.behavior, thanks)

Lee

"Check the DNA: it's either Saddam Hussein, or Nick Nolte is late
getting back to rehab."