OT--Something *must* have been lost in the translation!

Old December 20th 03, 07:36 AM
Marie

Default OT--Something *must* have been lost in the translation!

OK, the Christmas dinner/chinese food thread brought this to mind...

One of the great things about living in Toronto is the large Asian community
and, therefore, the amazingly great chinese food :-) I suspect that in a
lot of the restaurants we go to we only know about half the menu 'cause the
rest is written in chinese characters on posters on the wall; and the menus
we english-speakers get are often very literal translations from the
original language (I love going to the restaurants with Asian friends--I
just sit back, let them do the ordering and get amazing food).

So anyway...hubby and I are in a Dim Sum place a week or so ago--it's of the
variety where you order from a menu rather than graze from carts--and one of
the food items was "Deep Fried Boneless Skinless Chicken Feet." We didn't
order it, but have been wondering ever since: when you remove the bones and
remove the skin from the chicken feet, what's left to deep fry?

Marie

i just lost mine :( hvatum Dog breeds 0 November 17th 04 12:39 AM
OT--Something *must* have been lost in the translation! Marie Dog behavior 4 December 22nd 03 02:33 AM
Lost and Found Circa 1887 EGD Dog breeds 0 November 5th 03 10:15 PM
Our Homeopathic Vet lost his house in the wildfires in San Diego County. Can h Roger C. Covalt Dog health 0 October 31st 03 01:09 AM