Obedience musings

Old December 21st 03, 02:31 AM
Jana

Default Obedience musings

I'm going to post questions on AKC event rules - just got a nice big
package with one of everything I started out just asking for the
rules for obedience, agility, and herding (collie stuff), then added
tracking and Basset field trials for my SO's future Basset. Then
figured, what the heck - they're free.
Pepper's "articles" are some wooden dowels, two soup ladles, and two
six-inch lenghts of PVC pipe (obedience trials don't use plastic, but
I just wanted some variety, and I had the pipe left over from making a
jump). In the obedience rules, it states that the Utility articles
may be "objects of everyday use". Does this mean that I could
actually use spoons in competition?
It also says that the dumbell may be white "or any other color".
Has anyone ever seen a dumbell any color other than white being used
in competition?
Would a martingale be considered a "special training collar"? I use
a martingale leash/collar combo because my dogs have tapered heads
that can easily slip out of a buckle collar, even a properly fitted
one.

Jana

Obedience musings Jana Dog behavior 8 December 23rd 03 12:20 AM
Obedience Trainers Needed Nationwide ! PETCO Recruiter Dog behavior 164 October 15th 03 02:42 PM
Obedience Trainers Needed Nationwide ! PETCO Recruiter Dog behavior 0 October 14th 03 08:06 PM