Visit The First

Old December 21st 03, 06:58 AM
Lynn K.

Default Visit The First

Theresa Willis wrote in message . ..

I wonder
if anyone will remember Harlan's name next time;

Heh. Everytime's the first meeting for many of them. We laugh about
what a waste scheduling different visitors is for one home. We could
take the same animal each and every time and nobody would notice.

That particular home is a mess - they just sold it again and the
activity director quit. Those poor people are left through the
holidays with not so much as a crummy decoration. I went this morning
with a Chihuahua and a cat. It is such a joy to find a cat that can
do therapy visits and this one is absolutely perfect. Then I somehow
left the shelter this afternoon with 2 dwarf Dutch bunnies (rabbits
happen) who are very tame, so I'm taking them in tomorrow morning.

Congratulations on your 1st visit - sounds like Harlan was a star.

Lynn K.
Old December 21st 03, 03:12 PM
Tim Serpas

Theresa Willis wrote:
Made him look all alert and cute. "He's got a lot
of pep," one lady told me.

"That's because he's on crack!"

Wretch

Old December 21st 03, 11:05 PM
Theresa Willis

On 20 Dec 2003 21:58:08 -0800, (Lynn K.) wrote:

Theresa Willis wrote in message . ..

I wonder
if anyone will remember Harlan's name next time;

Heh. Everytime's the first meeting for many of them. We laugh about
what a waste scheduling different visitors is for one home. We could
take the same animal each and every time and nobody would notice.

Yeah.

Well, I'm reminded of what my mom told me the first time I was holding
my new-born niece. "Talk to her!" she said. Argumentative as always, I
replied, "Why? She won't remember or understand a word I'm saying."
And Mom said, "No, but she'll remember and understand the FEELING."

I figure this is kind of like that.

That particular home is a mess - they just sold it again and the
activity director quit.

This place seems rather nice, as far as I can tell. We were told the
activity director has like 10 activities a day for them.

The staff was very cheerful and friendly, too.

Those poor people are left through the
holidays with not so much as a crummy decoration.

That's a bummer.

I wanted to be sure and attend this weekend and the next, as I figure
a lot of folks can be very busy this time of year. Since Giant Hmas
doesn't require any specific observance, I our schedule is a bit more
flexible than most.

I went this morning
with a Chihuahua and a cat. It is such a joy to find a cat that can
do therapy visits and this one is absolutely perfect.

There was a lady who was hoping to bring a cat here I met at
orientation. Dunno if they've done their temperment testing or not. I
hope to see her.

Then I somehow
left the shelter this afternoon with 2 dwarf Dutch bunnies (rabbits
happen) who are very tame, so I'm taking them in tomorrow morning.

Awww.

Congratulations on your 1st visit - sounds like Harlan was a star.

Well, he certainly thought so.

--Terri & Harlan (hey, modesty is for Other People)