Dog chews it's nails...

Old December 22nd 03, 01:15 AM
PBOY

Default Dog chews it's nails...

I have a 1.5 year old golden retriever who has never had to have her
nails clipped because she clips them herself... she chews them just
above the quick and never any further... is there anything wrong with
this other than me never having to clip her nails? she also opens all
the doors in the house and alerts us if something is burning in the
kitchen
Old December 22nd 03, 05:53 PM
FurPaw

PBOY wrote:
I have a 1.5 year old golden retriever who has never had to have her
nails clipped because she clips them herself... she chews them just
above the quick and never any further... is there anything wrong with
this other than me never having to clip her nails? she also opens all
the doors in the house and alerts us if something is burning in the
kitchen

I'm not an expert here, but since no one else has responded, I'll chime in
with an opinion.

I don't see a problem here, if your dog isn't chewing into the quick or
causing any irritation or infection around the nail. In fact, I wish my
dogs would chew their own nails, so that I wouldn't have to clip them!

Is your dog a service dog? Was she trained to open doors and alert, or did
she just pick that up on her own?

FurPaw

--
Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

To reply, unleash the dog.

Old December 25th 03, 09:07 PM
PBOY

FurPaw wrote in message ...
PBOY wrote:
I have a 1.5 year old golden retriever who has never had to have her
nails clipped because she clips them herself... she chews them just
above the quick and never any further... is there anything wrong with
this other than me never having to clip her nails? she also opens all
the doors in the house and alerts us if something is burning in the
kitchen

I'm not an expert here, but since no one else has responded, I'll chime in
with an opinion.

I don't see a problem here, if your dog isn't chewing into the quick or
causing any irritation or infection around the nail. In fact, I wish my
dogs would chew their own nails, so that I wouldn't have to clip them!

Is your dog a service dog? Was she trained to open doors and alert, or did
she just pick that up on her own?

FurPaw

no she's not a service dog, she learned all that crazy stuff on her
own... she does lots of weird stuff like that...

Old December 25th 03, 09:07 PM
PBOY

FurPaw wrote in message ...
PBOY wrote:
[...]

wood floors and dog nails culprit Dog behavior 28 November 23rd 03 02:16 PM
wood floors and dog nails culprit Dog behavior 0 November 19th 03 12:29 AM
Brittle nails ADG Dog health 0 November 6th 03 02:34 PM
Brittle nails ADG Dog health 0 November 6th 03 02:34 PM