OT--Hubby's Christmas Question

Old December 22nd 03, 01:50 PM
Marie

Default OT--Hubby's Christmas Question

OK, I'm stumped:

Hubby and I were watching Dr.Seuss' "How the Grinch stole Christmas" (the
animated classic), and he asked "Who sings the songs?"

We're both willing to bet that it isn't Boris Karloff, but I can't seem to
find it in the credits (although we could just be blind).

Anyone know? Anyone know where we can find out?

TIA

Marie
Chris and Alex--born 04/23/03 at 31wks gestational :-)
Meet the Kidlets at http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/mmcw2

Old December 22nd 03, 02:45 PM

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Marie wrote:

OK, I'm stumped:

Hubby and I were watching Dr.Seuss' "How the Grinch stole
Christmas" (the animated classic), and he asked "Who sings
the songs?"

We're both willing to bet that it isn't Boris Karloff, but I
can't seem to find it in the credits (although we could just
be blind).

Anyone know? Anyone know where we can find out?

Thurl Ravenscroft.

from:
http://www.gradingthemovies.com/html..._mv00518.shtml

Boris Karloff, best known for his 1931 portrayal of
Frankenstein, narrated and provided the voice in the 1966
version of Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas. But the
classic solo of You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch (and all other
musical numbers attributed to the Grinch) were performed by
Thurl Ravenscroft, the same voice who gives Tony the Tiger his
Grrrreeeeaat! sound. Ravenscroft was overlooked when the
credits for the movie were added, causing concern for Theodor
Geisel, who made a personal attempt to publicly note the
error.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old December 22nd 03, 09:09 PM
Marie

Cool! Thanx!