Aussie and Granddaughter

Old December 24th 03, 03:04 AM
JNJ Eaton, Sr.

Default Aussie and Granddaughter

I have the perfect Aussie I got from a rescue while working out of town in
Las Vegas. I have since returned home where we are raising our 1 year
granddaughter.
The dog gets along with all my teen-age daughters and all their friends, but
the granddaughter makes him kind of nervous. The biggest problem started
when she accidentally fell on him and surprised him. He turned around and
bit her pretty good on the arm bringing blood and a trip to the emergency
room.
Since this happened Grandma (my wife) will not let the dog anywhere close to
my granddaughter. We are having to keep them separated which is not easy in
an apartment.
I contacted the rescue in Las Vegas like I agreed to when signing the
contract to adopt him. The foster mom that raised the Aussie wants him back
and is willing to fly to Houston to pick him up. This was the plan as of 3
weeks ago and I am still waiting to see if they actually are coming to get
him. In the meantime we continue to separate the 2.
He is a very intelligent dog and is obedient trained. I wish I could do
something with him about this so that I could keep him. I can not assure
myself or my wife that it won't happen again seeing that she could trip and
fall on him at anytime. Does anyone have any training ideas for this
situation? I sure would like to keep him.
~JNJ~