Annika and The Dogs

Old December 28th 03, 06:50 PM
Rocky

Default Annika and The Dogs

Terri mentioned her neighbour's one year old's fascination with
Harlan's tail. This makes me want to relate my neice's first
real interaction with dogs.

I was out on the left coast for Hmas and met up with Kate and
her dogs Tina (ESS) and Storm (FCR). My sister and 2.5 yo
niece, Annika, came along.

Both dogs are really well trained, so it was a great opportunity
for Annika to get a close-up of dogs close to her own size (as
opposed to the cutsie-poo that her paternal grandparents own).
Hand sniffings went well and Annika was fine with Storm - who's
as tall sitting as Annika is standing.

On the trail walk, Annika was fascinated by the dogs' constant
energy and was not concerned when they barreled by. The only
thing she didn't care for was Storm's tail wagging in her nose.
She was willing to share her peanut butter and crackers with
Tina, but this was not allowed.

Every year I put a stuffed dog in Annika's stocking. This year
it was a life-size Chihuahua. I'll make dog-people out of my
sister and her husband eventually, even if it's through the
indoctrination of their daughter.

The End.

Old December 31st 03, 01:49 AM
Rocky

KWBrown said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I didn't turn into Dog People
until I had a problem dog and had to get into serious
training so I could learn to deal with her.

And you see, Matt? It paid off. Teena didn't try to eat
you, or anyone else, even once!

Maybe it wasn't your training. Maybe it was me.

Y'see - my second biggest chagrin (that is, 2nd to meeting only
married rpdChyx) is that male unfriendly dogs seem to like me.

Old December 31st 03, 11:23 AM

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Melanie L Chang wrote:

Good, so can I put you somewhere on that list of people that
Solo could go to if anything ever happened to me? He's
red...

and harriet is second in line. and she's kinda red, too.

--
shelly (perfectly foul wench) and elliott and harriet
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

Old December 31st 03, 03:31 PM
Rocky

shelly said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Good, so can I put you somewhere on that list of people that
Solo could go to if anything ever happened to me? He's red...

Sure!

and harriet is second in line. and she's kinda red, too.

Come one, come all! If I can get my new dog biz idea off the
ground, I'll have plenty of time and room for more.