Why does my lab step on my feet?

Old January 2nd 04, 03:57 PM
barooo

Default Why does my lab step on my feet?

All,

I have a 6 1/2 month old female yellow labrador retriever (spayed),
living indoors, who has a WONDERFUL temperament. For a 6 month old
lab, she's amazingly calm, and has responded to training quite well.
She doesn't seem to try pulling the dominance games some labs like,
and seems to have accepted her place in the pack behind me, the gf,
and the cat. Aside from jumping on people when she gets excited,
she's pretty much great behavrioraly.

I have one question though... When she walks by us or come up to us
many times she will step on our feet. It's worst when we're sitting
down and she comes up to us. Is this intentional? I find it hard to
believe that she doesn't realize where she's stepping. What does this
mean? Of course, as I type this she's laying on my feet chewing a
pressed rawhide bone