neighbor complains about my dog barking

Old January 7th 04, 01:39 AM
KM

Default neighbor complains about my dog barking

drdoody wrote:

"Mark Madner" wrote in message
om...
Hey all,

My neighbor is complaining about my dogs barking. I hate to admit it,
but whenever he goes to the back yard, both dogs bark incessantly at
him. It doesn't help that he has sprayed water on them in the past.

We can generally control it when we are in the house. However, some
days my wife and I both work and are away from the house up to 10
hours at a stretch. The only two solutions I can think of a

- get one of those collars that make a high pitched noise when the dog
barks to teach them not to bark. Does anyone have any experience with
these?

- keep them in the house while we're away by closing the dog door.
(I'm afraid 10 hours is too long, is it?)

We have tried training them not to bark at all to no avail.

I understand your neighbor's irritation. And to your credit, it appears that
unlike most dog owners, you're not willing to inflict your pets upon others.
This is a good thing. If the two above approaches fail, isn't there a
surgery that mutes a dog? Not many dog owners would be willing to do it, but
such a surgery would be the polite thing to do if all other options failed.

Doc

Any chance of your neighbor "making friends" with your dogs,
with the aid of some treats?

Any suggestions?

KM

Old January 7th 04, 03:41 AM
drdoody

"KM" wrote in message

Any chance of your neighbor "making friends" with your dogs,
with the aid of some treats?

Any suggestions?

KM

Good idea. I'm just impressed that she's trying to do something about the
problem. Most dog owners I've encountered could care less whether or not the
neighbors were bothered by their animals' behavior.

It's good to see one who's actually that responsible.

Doc

Barking Pyranees Dog behavior 9 October 8th 03 06:54 PM
Barking Pyranees Dog behavior 0 October 7th 03 09:06 PM
Barking Question Leah Dog behavior 15 September 22nd 03 05:13 PM
Barking Question Leah Dog behavior 0 September 21st 03 05:02 PM
Barking Question Leah Dog behavior 0 September 21st 03 05:02 PM