Obsessive Licker (Doxie)

Old January 7th 04, 10:39 PM
Brian

Default Obsessive Licker (Doxie)

I have a 13-yo miniature Daschund who is an obsessive licker. She's
always been quick with the kisses, a puppy trait that she never grew
out of.

But the past couple of years, she has become increasingly obsessive
about licking the carpet or the couch, wherever she happens to be
laying. It's not a matter of something having spilled there; anywhere
is fine for her, even after the carpets have been cleaned.

She knows it's wrong, and is quick to stop when she hears, "No lick!"
But she is deviously disobedient at times. For example, when I finish
a shower, and open the curtain, she'll be outside the bathroom door,
laying there like an angel waiting for me, and when I look at the
bathroom rug in front of the sink, there is one of her fresh little
spit craters! Apparently she licks the whole time I'm in the shower,
then runs out the door when she hears the water stop.

Is this a sign of some vitamin or mineral deficiency, boredom, or
simply a behavioral problem or bad habit? Is there a good way to break
her of this?
Old January 8th 04, 12:20 AM
Tee

"Brian" wrote in message
om...
[...]

It *might* be a sign of some deficiency but I doubt it. My 9yo Min.
Dachshund is the exact same way only I don't scold her for doing it. Its
harmless as long as nothing toxic is laying around the house and she seems
to derive some kind of enjoyment from it.

--
Tara

Old January 9th 04, 11:45 AM
SS

I kill filed this fool a long time ago.

select one of his messages.
then click the 'Message' tab at the top of the Outlook Express window.
Click 'block sender' and you'll never have to read his drivel again.......!

SS